Thursday, August 7, 2008

Intro

Againable*, adj. = the quality of being repeatable; fully enjoyable; awesomely awesome.

We need made-up words to describe Turkey, because the normal superlatives just won't do: Incredible? (meh) Amazing? (yawn) Wonderful? (yes, so is my turkey sandwich sometimes). Turkey is more than those, it's againable; I'd visit again and again, and in fact, I do-- in my pictures, my daydreams, the times I attempt to cook with Turkish saffron, and when I relive it all through writing this blog. So there you go: it doesn't matter if you read this, or if anyone does, because I'm just using you as a medium to float back to Turkey. Ha! And as long as we're being technical and honest here, it's not even a 'true' blog that's updated as events occur (I've already returned from the trip), and it probably won't even be in order. If you want a better idea of that, visit http://www.knanishu.com/itineraries/turkey.pdf (itinerary) or http://www.knanishu.com (another teacher's blog, with plenty of great pics). If you want random, incoherent collections of words thrown on a page... well by God, you've hit the jackpot!



*coinage credit goes to Chad Paulson, whose wordsmith achievements also include "dramastically"

No comments: